(for Schedule, Links and Forms, scroll down)
GENERAL EXAM INFORMATION
1. The Purpose of Promotion Exams: While expressing your knowledge, you will gain a better understanding of the details of TaeKwonDo. Through the exam, you will gain further knowledge by the qualified examiner’s personal help and by observing other students’ performances. The exam is the time to measure your progress and demonstrate what you have learned, while improving friendship, cooperation and organization. At the exam, you will be encouraged to set higher goals.
2. Who is invited to the Exam?
* Due to COVID-19 Restrictions, we ask that all extended Family watch via Zoom
* All students: Even if you are not taking the exam, we strongly recommend that you attend. By observing others perform, you will increase your knowledge. Also, we all learn better teamwork by encouraging others to do better.
* All family and friends: We recommend that you bring two or more witnesses for your exam. This is the time to share with family and friends about the benefits that you’ve received from your training and how much improvement you’ve made. When you invite them to be part of this event, you also help them by giving them the opportunity to understand more about TaeKwonDo and our Academy.
3. How Do I Know If I May Take The Exam? You are eligible to take the exam when you receive a silver stripe on your belt only with permission from Master Balal, Morte, or Phanethong. ‘No-Belts’ receive a White Belt in order to have a belt to hold a silver stripe but still must take the exam to obtain certification for 9thKub High White Belt)
4. Can I Be Promoted More Than One Rank? During the exam, some students who perform extremely well mentally, physically and philosophically may become eligible for a “special achievement” award. Special achievement may result in a promotion of more than one Kub (grade) forward. For example, an exceptional Non-Kub student may be promoted directly to 8th Kub (Yellow Belt). Students who are 3rd Kub (High Blue Belt) and higher, or anyone who has not taken an exam within the last two months cannot qualify for special achievement. Also, no matter how well a student performs, he or she will not qualify for “special achievement” if he or she has not improved according to his or her own ability.
Special Note to All Students:
If you have not yet qualified to take the exam, you may still receive permission. Persevere to the last minute - always do your best. If you have questions or need special assistance, please ask Master Balal, Morte, Thomas or Phanethong.
1. All TaeKwonDo classes two weeks before the Exam will be devoted to your curriculum for exam preparation (No Sparring Classes)
2. Registration forms must be submitted by the Wednesday prior to the exam. If you qualify on or after the last day, you must submit your registration that same day to avoid a late fee. Exam Registrations submitted after this day will be subject to a late fee ($5 and an additional $10 if submitted on the day of the exam.)
3. MAKE-UP EXAMS: (Under Black-Belt Only) If you have an UNAVOIDABLE CONFLICT with the Main Exam time, we will try to help you schedule a make-up exam time, IF you submit your Make-Up Request Form, with a valid reason why you are required to miss the Exam, together with your Exam Registration Form and fee, BEFORE the Main Exam. An additional $5.00 fee will be applied to registrations for a Make-up Exam, unless required by a Master
4. In the event the Masters do not feel you are ready for the exam, we will advise. Please make sure you are attending classes regularly to keep up with your curriculum review.
5. Note: If your current rank is 8th Kub Yellow Belt, 6thKub Green Belt, 4th Kub Blue Belt, 1st or 2nd Kub Red Belt, you must bring your sparring equipment.
* There are no make-up exams for Black Belts
* All TaeKwonDo Classes twoweeksbefore the Exam will be devoted to your curriculum for Exam preparation
* All Black Belt Registrations must be submitted on the Saturday ONE week prior to the exam. Exam Registrations submitted after this day will be subject to a late fee ($5 for Preliminaries, $50 for Finals)
Going forward, Qulaifications for Final Exams will be a 3 step process:
Step 1: Leadership Fulfillment
- Completion of weekly Leadership responsibilities
(Approximately 18 hours over a 4 month period)
- Community Project Participation
Step 2: In class qualifications starting the Saturday, 3 weeks before the exam, Students will receive their second silver stripe indicating that they have demonstrated that they are prepared to move forward to their level Black Belt Final Exam
1. Your attendance as Leadership is required for one or more Kub Belt Exams
2. Attend a min of 2 Black Belt classes the week prior to the exam
3. A 200+ word essay on why you believe you are prepared to take your final black belt exam. Due the Saturday before the Exam
4. Saboonim & the Masters will review your submission and you will receive notice if there are any qualification issues by that Thursday
5. You are required to bring your sparring equipment to your exam.
(Please note: all other Black Belt Rank specific requirements apply, ie. Black belts going from deputy to 1st will need to complete their packet & egg journal)
Copyright © 2019 hkleetkdfamily.com - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy